A leading private US academic institution, recognizing the need to further develop early discoveries from the university in order to facilitate industry partnerships and clinical development of their assets, had created a therapeutics accelerator program. The program had identified its three first projects to move forward, and were prepared to take these assets through IND. These assets were in development for oncology indications, and spanned two modalities: two small molecule therapeutics and a lipoprotein nanoparticle therapeutic. In order to guide the next steps of development for its assets, the university asked Alacrita to perform a market and competitive landscape analysis for each of the three assets based on the target and proposed initial indication for each asset.
We carried out three separate market and competitive landscape reports which included:
- Disease background for proposed lead indication, current standards of care and unmet needs;
- Epidemiology of each indication with patient population forecasts for 7MM;
- List of marketed drugs and late stage clinical pipeline drugs;
- Summary of market trends and total potential market forecasts; and
- Positioning of their asset, likely threats, and considerations for next steps